Friday 16 September 2011

Where can I find step by step instructions on changing my brake pads and rotors?

I have a 1999 Toyota Tacoma (2WD). Is this available online somewhere??
Where can I find step by step instructions on changing my brake pads and rotors?
Here ya go:



http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/howto/a鈥?/a>
Where can I find step by step instructions on changing my brake pads and rotors?
You should be able to find all the info you need in a chiltons or haynes repair manual. It's really simple to do. I have been doing my own for many years and I can't believe they charge what they do at a shop. These books can be bought at most auto parts stores. I'm not aware of anything online.
I would really suggest going to your local AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts or Napa and getting a Chilton or Haynes book on your vehicle they are around 15 bucks and they really brake down your truck i wouldn;t trust anything online
Dude, the very first thing that I do when I get a new vehicle (new to me) is to go to Books-a-million or a similar bookstore and buy a repair manual for that vehicle. You can get a Haynes manual at most any auto parts store. I go to the bookstore to buy a Chilton's manual, which isn't readily available at auto parts stores. Chilton's manuals have much more info in them for about the same price, and explain many things much clearer. By the way, you will find out that Toyota brakes are about the easiest you will ever encounter. Hope this helped.
Your local library might have a Chilton's manual for your make and model.
Well you can purchase a motors manual book, but it is fairly simple. You remove the wheels, You will see bolts with various type heads holding on the calipers. When you remove the calipers, you can easily take the pads out. Then you must compress the calipers by laying it on the floor and pushing in the cylinder. Check the cylinder for any leaks. You may have to rebuild it. 1999 should still be in good shape depending on the number of miles. Put in the new pads. Lift the calipers over the rotor, align the bolt holes and reinstall the bolts. Make sure you get the bolts good and tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment