Saturday 24 September 2011

Changing the brake pads on a 2006 Ford Mustang...Please help!?

I am going to Autozone at lunch to buy brake pads for my 2006 Ford Mustang. I need them asap and do not have time to make an appointment at a mechanic.....I was wondering if I needed a certain tool to change these?? I used to have a grand prix that only a certain wrench or tool would open the area where the brake pads were. Does anyone have this type of car and know the answer?? or do I just buy the brake pads and hope that I have all of the right toosl at home.
Changing the brake pads on a 2006 Ford Mustang...Please help!?
Not sure if the caliper bolt is metric or not. I just did my Dad's Boneville (2004) and it had 15mm's. You'll be OK if you had a set of both systems inches and metric. Even better if you have cubes and open wrenches (if they are really thight. Also, buy a caliper expander wrench. It cost like $10 bucks and it will save you time re-opening the calipers so you can re-position into the rotors once the new pads are placed. Remember to remove the lid of the brake fluid reservoir so the air goeas out that way. By doing this, you don't have tobleed them... Good luck!
Changing the brake pads on a 2006 Ford Mustang...Please help!?
You need a brake tool to compress the piston back so you can put the pads in. For the rear you need this special tool cause the rears twist back in not push. Other then that i think thats it, this is what i need for my 96 but im assuming they are the same for the 05's also.
yes u will need some tools for it jus ask the guys at the autoparts store they will lend u the tool if u dont have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment