Saturday 24 September 2011

I'm changing my brake pads on a 2002 mustang.?

The Caliper bolts wont screw back in all the way? What happened? The just turn and turn, makes me think they're supposed to screw into a second thread I%26quot;m missing; or not?
I'm changing my brake pads on a 2002 mustang.?
I believe that they screw through so that the caliper will float.You can get a repair manual for around

$10 at advance or auto zone it should tell you if not ask ford
I'm changing my brake pads on a 2002 mustang.?
You may have stripped the bolt, I did that with mine
Just grab them with pliers and pull on them after you back them out a reasonable amount.
you may have crossthreaded but hopefully not. It maybe not lined up perfectly and the bolt is just turning. Try taking a phillips screwdriver or a centerpunch or whatever you can find that will fit in the hole and try wiggling it to line it up with the caliper. get a flashlight and stick your head in there so you can see. If it is crossthreaded you can measure the bolt diameter and pitch with a pitch gage from a tap and die set. Take the right size tap and rethread. Hopefully it's just not lined up but it can always be fixed. Hope this helps.
Check out BrenSpeed.com http://www.brenspeed.com/ My brother owns a mustang and he's always raving about this site and how great their selection is. Half of the Christmas gifts he wants are from this site. You may want to visit that site if you are ever on the hunt for anything for your car.



Hope that helps!
  • cat
  • parameter
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment