Wednesday 21 September 2011

My "brakes" are squeaking worse now that I've had my brake pads changed. What happened?

There were hardly squeaking at all so I brought them in to be inspected and they said only the pads needed changing. Now I can hear the squeaking start as soon as my foot even touches the brakes even at high speeds. *cries*
My %26quot;brakes%26quot; are squeaking worse now that I've had my brake pads changed. What happened?
If some one just changed your pads then you need to back and tell them to fix it right. Sometimes the pads are backed with thin stainless steel plates, sometimes people don't put them back in and this may cause the squeaking. sometimes brake pads are a little loose in there position they tend to move around against the piston when the brake is applied this also causes squeak. Apply aniti squeak in the solid form between the piston and the pad. Spray won 't work in this case. when changing pads it is also good to have rotors and drums turned to true them up or the pads may not last as long.
My %26quot;brakes%26quot; are squeaking worse now that I've had my brake pads changed. What happened?
The brake rotors (discs) get a glaze on them after a while from road gime, oil, dirt, etc. and it makes them very smooth like glass.

Have you ever rubbed a wet finger tip on a wine glass and made it %26quot;hum%26quot;?



It's the same theory with your brake pads on your rotors.



Instead of just replacing the pads, they should have removed the rotors and had them resurfaced to remove the glaze and true them up.



You may be able to %26quot;reduce%26quot; the noise using some stop squeel spray-on stuff, but I doubt it.



Take it back and have them resurface the rotors.
Sometimes rotors do need to be changed, but more than likely the new pads just need to be broken in. Give it some time before you go the more expensive route of resurfacing rotors. If they continue to sqeak, check to see if the pads have been recalled by contacting your garage where you had them installed, most are willing to change them out for free.
now dear, dont cry!. you might have gotten hard brakes, for instance, metalic pads can squeek. maybe your car calls for semi-metalic pads, change them and spray them down with brake cleaner, maybe its brake dust.
you can get a spray to stop brakes squeaking
Let me guess.....aftermarket brake pads???

No comments:

Post a Comment