Wednesday 21 September 2011

Need help changing my brake pads on my 2005 toyota 4runner!!??

i bought new brake pads %26amp; i have to spread the brake pistons in order to fit the new brake pads onto the brake disc. my spreader tool does not fit. are there any other effective or easy ways to spread the brake piston inside the brake caliper? anything would help.
Need help changing my brake pads on my 2005 toyota 4runner!!??
Leaving the old pads in place take two screwdrivers and insert them between the rotor and pad slowly and steadily prying the pistons back in.
Need help changing my brake pads on my 2005 toyota 4runner!!??
Crack the bleeder screw and push on the caliper until you have the desired room. The only down side to this is you have to bleed the system when you are done.
I use a C-clamp to compress the piston. Remember to pump the brakes before going anywhere to get the fluid back into the caliper. The pedal will feel real mushy at first, but will harden up.
two screw drivers. leave the old pads in



if you have a spare nut around that the screw drivers will slide through you can slip it over the drivers to give you a hinge point which helps get a bit more force on the old pads



a pair of external cir clip pliers can do the job sometimes to...

No comments:

Post a Comment