Friday 7 October 2011

Why is my brakes screeching, I have a semi metallic brake pads?

Hi ppl. I have a Chrysler Sebring 2004 and just changed the brake pads, but they are screeching when I apply the brakes. I just changed my rims from a 15 inches to 17 inches. Please any ideas would do.
Why is my brakes screeching, I have a semi metallic brake pads?
Ity,s normal for semi metalic pads to do this for a while!!!!
Why is my brakes screeching, I have a semi metallic brake pads?
gotta put that blue anti-squeal goop on before putting the calipers back on
Did you remember to install the plates that go with the pads? also known as brake shims
Did you have the rotors resurfaced?

?

?

I install brakes every week on various types of vehicles. Never use %26quot;Blue goop%26quot;, alway use semi-mets, ALWAYS resurface or replace rotors. NEVER have screeching.

Been working for me since 1979 and I see no reason to make up new fixes for bad work habits.
your wheel change is irrelevant(for the most part), there are anti screeching products out there-they are a copper paste that Will get you past the break it period.
Try a softer/cheaper pad. That car may not require semi metallic pads.
Your rotors need to be resurfaced. If you look at them closely, they will probably have a mirror finish, this ultra shiny finish, is causing the %26quot;screeching%26quot;. Having them resurfaced will give the new pads a level surface to ride on, and provide a sufficient surface pattern on the rotor to stop the noise.
Did you have the rotors machined when you change th brake pads if not i would recc. having the rotors machined. you should also the jack up the front end and rotate the wheel to see if you can locate the noise, check the dust shield to make sure it is not rubbing

No comments:

Post a Comment