Friday 7 October 2011

Still feel grinding in my brakes even though I just changed my brake pads on my 02 Honda Civic lx. Suggestions?

I just changed my brake pads on my 02 Honda Civic lx because they were old and worn out, and causing grinding, but i am still feeling some minor grinding when I brake. Nothing crazy, just some minor grinding. Does anyone know what this could be?
Still feel grinding in my brakes even though I just changed my brake pads on my 02 Honda Civic lx. Suggestions?
New brake pads can sometimes seem rough when you first put them on. After a few miles of braking they should smooth out.





If not then you might have messed up your rotors (what the brake pads press against). If you had a professional put the pads on then they should have noticed this.
Still feel grinding in my brakes even though I just changed my brake pads on my 02 Honda Civic lx. Suggestions?
You have to wear in brake pads especially if they're ceramic. Usually it can take a week of daily driving for ceramic pads; carbon metallic generally 2-3 days.



I hope you changed the rotors because they can get warped and generally need to be machined or replaced when changing pads.
no amount of metal to metal grinding is minor! in a brake system.if all you did was change the pads there could be some thing Very bad wrong.make sure you were given the correct parts.inspect rotores and calipers for wear marks if it is making nois it is leaving marks.look for a bolt on thecaliperss that may be rubbing .or any thing else that is broken .brakefailuress are very bad and almost all ways can be avoided
I sure hope you changed your rotors. Bad rotors with new pads will take out the new pads in no time. It will be a giant waste of money. Rotors for your car are very cheap. I think I paid $25 each for a set here in BC
as a rule of thumb if pads are worn to a point of metal to metal as they say ,replace the rotors as well as the pads
You should replace the rotors with the pads. Or at least have the rotors resurfaced. The rotors and pads are so cheap why not do it right? Also make sure the caliper slides are lubed and working.
  • horses
  • wrong to give bad advice
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment