Friday 7 October 2011

Just changed the brake pads on my expedition and they squeal terribly. What can I do to fix with brake job?

Brand new brake pads, but they squea like crazy. Anything I can do without removing the pads again?
Just changed the brake pads on my expedition and they squeal terribly. What can I do to fix with brake job?
get brake quiet from auto zone or change to wagner thermoquiet pads
Just changed the brake pads on my expedition and they squeal terribly. What can I do to fix with brake job?
you did resurface the rotors...didn't you???
Did you have the rotors turned or put new rotors on? If not, they may not seat properly, that means squeaky brakes. Some cheap brake pads (and outrageously expensive race track brake pads, but I don't think that's what we put on the ol' expy) will just squeak. It's because they've got inferior shims on the back. Your answer might be to head to tirerack.com and pick up some ceramic brake pads, they're only about $40/axle. They're very quiet and they have virtually no brake dust to clean off your rims.
you need to put anti-squeal compound on the back of the pads.
Buy a car/truck that does not weigh 7000 pounds.
some pads will do that when new. you can buy stuff to put on the backs of the pads that may help. Also if you didnt put the shims back on it could cause that problem

No comments:

Post a Comment