Friday 7 October 2011

Directions, advice or web-site for changing front brake pads & rotors on my 1996 Chevy Monte Carlo Z34 3.4L?

Is ABS a concern?



Can the average joe accomplish this?



Should I buy the cheapest or go with something expensive?



I drive only 5 miles to work one way. This our families secondary car. I maybe at most put 5K miles on the car a year.



I just need help getting started. Haynes book is to over the top.



Just front brakes fo now. Rear brakes seam okay.



I got esitimate ranging from $260 to $350. I know I can save A LOT if I can learn
Directions, advice or web-site for changing front brake pads %26amp; rotors on my 1996 Chevy Monte Carlo Z34 3.4L?
If you do the job, and have never done it? You'll be paying through you'r nose!!
Directions, advice or web-site for changing front brake pads %26amp; rotors on my 1996 Chevy Monte Carlo Z34 3.4L?
Thanks to all of you!!

Report Abuse


Find a friend that has experience changing brakes so you aren't learning %26quot;on-the-job%26quot; all by yourself. This is not something you want to make a mistake on, as your life, as many others, depends on quality work. You probably can do the job if you learn from someone else. If you think the Haynes manual is too over the top, then you are too under-knowleged to do the job yourself.
I agree with the other guy. If the Haynes Manual is to over the top, then you are to under the experienced to be servicing brakes. They are easy to do, and a Haynes Manual is one of the most informative resources available for the DIY's, and is laid out in the easiest to understan format possible. I suggest you spend the money or hire a buddy!
I think you better farm this out, If you can't follow a Haynes manual, you are going to have a problem following some body on the net or a web page.

No comments:

Post a Comment