Sunday 5 June 2011

Changing brake pads....Asbestos?

I am thinking about changing my brake pads on my 2000 Honda Accord. When I was researching on how to change brake pads, I saw to be careful when changing brake pads on older cars because of asbestos in brake pads. I became a little hesitant because I thought that asbestos brakes are not used anymore here in the US.





Should I be concerned with asbestos in my 2000 Honda Accord brake pads (both front and rear are disc brakes)? Also, is my car considered %26quot;older%26quot; when it comes to asbestos brake pads?|||your car is not that old, no need to be concerned about brake dust, you can hose off your brakes once you get the car in the air and get the wheels off let them dry and do your thing|||asbestos is a thing of the past in terms of brakes. you should be fine, any dust inhaltion is bad though. if in doubt wear a mask and gloves . but its fine i can assure you|||They are talking about like pre 1992.

No comments:

Post a Comment